October is mystery month here on JPC AllenWrites. So let’s write a mystery together online. Here’s how it works:
- I provide a photo prompt on Monday.
- I write a small section of the story.
- Anyone else can contribute to the story during the week by adding a sentence or paragraph or more in the comments.
- Please keep it PG and clean
- The next Monday, I’ll post another photo and continue the story from the last comment.
- By the end of the month, we’ll have a complete story!
Anyone is welcome to add their inspiration in the comments. I’m kicking off this mystery with the photo above.
“What’s she doing here?”
My cousin Julia glared daggers at the dark-haired girl who turned every head as she strutted across the beach Every guy looked toward her, and every girl looked away.
Julia glanced up and down the beach. “Where’s Aiden? He doesn’t need Olivia latching onto him.”
“Too late.” I tightened my grip on my Coke.
My older brother’s ex-girlfriend oozed up to him, a flirty smile on her perfectly painted lips.
“Here.” Julia thrust her Coke into my empty hand.
“What’re you going to do?” I said.
“What do you think? Drop kick her into next week. He’s spent six months getting over her. He doesn’t need …”
Julia ranted on, a speciality of hers, as Olivia stood on her toes and whispered something into Aiden’s ear.
Aiden jerked away.
Olivia stepped back, no trace of that smile on her high-cheekbones face. Actually, no trace of any emotion. That was first time I’d seen Olivia without some expression. Usually a nasty one.
Aiden strode quickly toward the parking lot.